About the School
Statement of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Confront the specter of White Supremacy now exposed more regularly in a wide array of social life
- Critically question the subtleties, silences, and absences in policies, structures, and practices that traditionally shape the dynamics that shape our communities.
- Reevaluate the pedagogical legacy of Waldorf education and Rudolf Steiner in a way that meets and reflects all families.
The Head of School Opportunity
Waldorf School of Philadelphia seeks a warm, collaborative, and strategic educational leader with a passion for education and putting students and their needs first to serve as Head of School beginning July 1, 2023. Appointed by the Board of Trustees to implement the school’s strategic plan in accordance with its mission and philosophy, the Head of School provides management and oversight of the school’s operations and staff. This person ensures the school’s mission is achieved and that the school is financially and operationally sustainable. The Head of School collaborates with pedagogical leadership in the development of school programs and pedagogical policies and is an active member of the school community, the surrounding neighborhood, and both the larger Waldorf and local independent school movements. A full position description is available here.
How to Apply
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (contact Nat Conard for this document)
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee
- Statement of educational leadership philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)