Associate Director of Annual Giving
Start Date: ASAP
Coed Day School
Grades N-12 with 1,200 students
New York, NY
About the School
The Lycée Français de New York is a Nursery to Grade 12 single-campus independent school located in New York City. The Lycée is committed to bilingual education of the highest standard and celebrated its 85th anniversary year in 2020. With over 1,200 students and almost 300 faculty and staff representing over 50 nationalities, the Lycée is a dynamic international school with an educational mission that is unique among New York City independent schools. As part of its roadmap, the Lycée has strengthened its focus on student well-being and development, including a restructuring of the Secondary School, implemented the newly reinvented French Baccalaureate program, and has engaged the entire community on the critical issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
About the Position
The primary responsibility of the Associate Director of Annual Giving is the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program including the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas of stewardship, donor relations and donor communications. This role has main oversight for the Lycée’s Annual Fund, which raises over $1.5 million annually.
The Associate Director of Annual Giving develops a coordinated mix of communication and solicitation strategies focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support for the Lycée. In collaboration with the Director of Development, the Associate Director of Annual Giving determines annual giving goals and builds strategic and tactical plans for achieving them. The Associate Director of Annual Giving also personally manages a portfolio of donors and builds strategies for renewing these donors and moving them to higher giving levels.
The successful Associate Director of Annual Giving will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Proven managerial skills and the ability to develop and inspire volunteers.
- Strong analytical skills — detailed-oriented, thorough and accurate.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone, via email and in written correspondence.
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions independently; ability to collaborate with others as part of teams.
- Excellent command of office technology tools including Google Workspace, Microsoft Suite and database software; experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by Development Department events, meetings and cultivation events.
- Outgoing personality and an optimistic and positive attitude.
- Good judgment, tact, sensitivity and discretion in the handling of confidential information, materials and situations.
- Highest ethical and professional behavior.
- Commitment to the Lycée’s mission, vision and strategic direction.
- French language skills are highly desirable but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in fundraising with a track record of success.
- Experience conceptualizing, writing and coordinating solicitation materials.
- Experience in fundraising for an independent school is desirable.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following materials to Marcus Hurlbut as soon as possible.
- A detailed letter of interest
- Current resume
- A list of 5 references
Listing Date: July 25, 2022