A NEW ERA FOR KISKI
Are You Ready To Lead The Change?
Kiski is a leading, independent, college preparatory school that provides an unmatched educational experience focusing on the development of each student’s mind, character, integrity, and self-discipline. For the past 135 years, the Kiski model of education has been accessible only to boys. Until now… In 2024, Kiski will be proudly launching co-education, opening its doors to all students who can benefit from what they have to offer. And Kiski has a LOT to offer… A college preparatory curriculum. A dynamic and motivating educational environment. An experience that nurtures personal growth. And most importantly — learning that lasts a lifetime.
Academics & Learning Spaces At Kiski Teach Confidence And Creativity
The Kiski School nurtures curiosity, creativity, and confidence. The uniqueness of each student is celebrated. The Kiski curriculum offers choices to satisfy a variety of interests, and Kiski faculty members provide dynamic, engaging classrooms and personalized one-on-one tutoring in the evenings to accommodate different learning styles. The focus is on the liberal arts and sciences — the same curriculum found at the nation’s best universities. Small classes, hands-on projects, sports, dorm living, and community activities all offer opportunities for students to learn and develop skills that are essential to succeed in college, work, and life. Boasting a purposefully designed STEAM center, and state-of-the-art fine and performing arts facility, the student experience at Kiski is exceptional.
The Bonds Of Teamwork Inspire Growth
Sports are a big part of life at The Kiski School. Every season, every student participates in at least one sport. They get to play and train in top-notch facilities, like the 75,000 sq. ft. Ross Athletic Center. Kiski has one of the finest high school tracks in the country, a nine-hole golf course, miles of beautiful cross-country trails, and an excellent baseball facility. Kiski offers 23 athletic teams with over 300 contests. Every level of athlete has an opportunity to grow, compete, and try something new. Big benefits come from participating in Kiski athletics. The Kiski School proudly produces Division I, II, and III athletes across all sports. Kiski’s athletics program is just one more way that The Kiski School helps students set and reach higher goals for themselves.
Does This Amazing Opportunity Speak To You?
The successful candidate for Head of School at Kiski will ideally be:
- A dynamic leader with significant leadership and management experience, preferably in a school setting, coupled with demonstrated team-building skills and a collaborative style.
- A leader experienced in managing new initiatives and major cultural changes.
- Experienced in strategic thinking and planning and the effective implementation of plans leading to successful outcomes.
A leader with deep experience in and knowledge of a 9-PG boarding school, including an understanding of residential life and advisory programming and curriculum.
- Able to marshal resources for the school through relationship building, exemplary constituent relations, compelling communications, effective fundraising, and an understanding of and experience with enrollment management.
- Warm, approachable, and highly visible in the school community.
- A great communicator and listener who is ready and eager to be the chief storyteller for an extraordinary school.
A leader with a sense of humor.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in the position should submit the following materials as soon as possible:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (request from search consultants)
- Letter of interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Statement of educational leadership philosophy
- A list of five professional references with email and phone contact information
- EC Disclosure Statement (request from search consultants)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to: