About the Position
The Heads Network was founded in 1920, the same year of the passage of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution giving women the right to vote. Now is an exciting time for The Heads Network. It promotes active collaboration and professional growth for independent school heads and leaders who are committed to the education of girls and advancing women’s leadership. The Heads Network has a robust membership that includes both women and men who are strong believers in the value of promoting women in leadership roles and education for girls, as well as advancing unrepresented groups into leadership.
The Heads Network speaks to its mission in several significant ways: professional networking for all member schools; presenting the Annual Meeting, a two day event which fills to capacity each year; and hosting the Women’s Leadership Seminar. The Women’s Leadership Seminar is held twice each year and has served over 900 women leaders. Think of the impact this professional development offering has had on school leadership since its founding 30 years ago.
The Executive Director works virtually promoting and supporting a network of over 200 school heads and administrators of both coeducational and single gender independent schools in Canada and the USA.
Please read more about The Heads Network on its website: https://www.headsnetwork.org/
The Heads Network promotes active collaboration and professional growth for independent school heads and leaders who are committed to the education of girls and advancing women’s leadership. Programs include an annual conference in a unique venue, mentoring seminars for aspiring women leaders, and professional networking for all member schools.
Supporting women leaders’ careers, pathways to headship, and success in independent schools.
- Serving as a Network to School Leaders Who Believe in the Importance of Advancing Girl’s and Women’s Leadership
- Providing Professional Networking and Development for Independent School Heads and Leaders
- Rewarding, Inspiring, and Honoring Established School Leaders in a Relaxed and Unique Venue
- Preparing and Investing in Women Interested in School Leadership And/Or Headship
- Mentoring Newer School Leaders
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials in a Single Merged Document by December 1, 2022:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet and EC Disclosure Form (contact Joan Beauregard or Pilar Cabeza de Vaca for the documents)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the THN Search Committee
- Current Resume
- A written statement regarding your thoughts and/or relevant experience to address the mission of THN, with a focus on furthering women leaders at all stages of their careers.
- A list of five (5) references with contact information (name, relationship to candidate and contact information including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please email any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
The Heads Network supports a robust DEIJ policy.
The Heads Network is operated exclusively for charitable and educational purposes as a tax exempt 501 (c)(3) entity.
Listing Date: September 13, 2022