Executive Assistant to the Head of School
Start Date: February 1, 2023
Coed Day School, Grades 6-PG
63 Federal Road, Barrington, RI
St. Andrew’s School is seeking a visionary leader to serve as Executive Assistant (EA) to the Head of School. St. Andrew’s School is a nurturing, challenging, and safe educational community serving students in grades 6-12 and postgraduate (PG). Our dedicated faculty and staff embrace, encourage, educate, and empower students one mind at a time. Our Episcopal heritage guides our moral and ethical values. Academic success and personal growth are promoted so that students can purposefully engage, succeed, and thrive in school and in life.
St. Andrew’s School is in search of an EA who provides executive-level support to the Head of School. The EA handles a wide range of matters on behalf of the Head of School including strategic and high-level administrative duties of broad scope and complexity requiring outstanding professional ability, mature judgment, and a thorough knowledge of school programs and organizational structure. The EA must possess exceptional writing talent along with impeccable copywriting, editing and proofreading skills. The EA works in close partnership with the Head of School, serves on the Head’s Leadership Team and as liaison to the Board of Trustees.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced Degree preferred
- Prior experience as an Executive Level Assistant and/or Project Manager
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills
- Appreciation for and desire to work in a highly relational and values-centered environment; excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy
- Experienced in engaging a diverse range of personas/needs within an organization
- Adept at handling multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Capability of being a strong decision-maker, able to use independent judgment with limited supervision
- Strong organizational and computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive), Blackbaud, OnBoard Passageways
- Familiarity and engagement with various social media platforms
- Flexibility, sensitivity, and diplomacy and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple constituencies; maintaining confidentiality and discretion is essential
- Joy, patience, and compassion at core of candidate’s humanity; professional demeanor that is warm, welcoming and helpful to all
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement (one-page), list of three references (name, title, relationship, phone number and email address), and any other documents that represent your candidacy in an authentic manner to:
Deadline for applications is January 6, 2022 but earlier submissions encouraged.
Listing Date: November 19, 2022