Oak Hill School seeks a Head of School to begin July 1, 2024. The Head of School is responsible for the school’s operation and financial health, and works collaboratively to further the mission, the educational philosophy and the policies set forth by the Board of Trustees.
About the School
Oak Hill School was founded in 1994 and is accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools. Oak Hill School located in Eugene, Oregon, is a non-religious, private school offering a well-rounded Pre-K through 8th grade education. The beautiful 72 – acre campus is the perfect place to explore, learn and grow. The School develops close partnerships with families, and parents are active volunteers on campus resulting in a warm, nurturing community where each child is supported and encouraged.
In addition to core academics, and small class sizes, the school nurtures the whole student through a robust program in world languages starting in kindergarten, music, art, theater, visual arts, technology, physical education, athletics and activities, after-school offerings and daily exposure to outdoor pursuits.
Eugene, Oregon is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley near where the McKenzie and Willamette Rivers meet and is about 50 miles from the beautiful Oregon coast. Home to the University of Oregon, Eugene is consistently ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S.
Mission and Philosophy and Objectives
Oak Hill School’s mission is to provide the best Pre-K through 8th grade education, creating caring and responsible critical thinkers.
Oak Hill School’s Educational Philosophy and Objectives are to:
- Provide a strong foundation in core academic disciplines
- Develop higher-order critical thinking skills for intellectual pursuits
- Educate the whole citizen to think globally, ethically and humanely
- Foster the values of integrity, honesty and respect
- Cultivate emotional, social and physical development and well-being
- Support the development of self-confidence
- Promote compassionate conduct appropriate for today’s multicultural world
- Engage students to participate actively and responsibly in learning and in leadership
About the Position
The Board of Trustees seeks a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader interested in partnering with the community to grow the school, nurture the holistic educational experience, and establish Oak Hill school as the premier Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade independent day school in Eugene. The Search Committee plans on naming the new Head of School in the Fall of 2023.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials in a Single Merged Document by July 18th:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet and Disclosure Form (contact Joan Beauregard and/or Eric Temple for the documents)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current résumé
- Statement of Educational Leadership
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please email any inquiries or expressions of interest to: