Start Date: July 1, 2025
PK (starting at 18 months), K-12th grade
Co-ed Montessori Toddler, Early Childhood, and Elementary multi-age classrooms; co-ed Lower and Middle Schools; and an all girls’ college preparatory Upper School
Independent, DHM Catholic day school, Enrollment – 714
700 West Ferry Street & 135 Cleveland Avenue, Buffalo, NY
Educators Collaborative is pleased to assist Nardin Academy in its search for a President to begin in July 2025. This is a fantastic opportunity for a person who enjoys the complexities of a large multifaceted school with an important mission and presence in the Buffalo-Niagara Falls metropolitan area.
Nardin Academy is a highly rated, independent Catholic school serving 714 students in grades PK, K-12 in Buffalo, NY with co-ed Montessori, Lower and Middle Schools and a college preparatory Upper School for young women. Nardin Academy was founded in 1857, as the first Catholic Academy in Western New York by the Society of the Daughters of the Heart of Mary (DHM). Throughout Nardin’s history the Daughters have permeated campus life serving on the staff and providing guidance on the Board of Trustees. Following this example, Nardin Academy students develop their talents and cultivate their intellect, character and courage so that they, too, can make a difference through significant contributions to their school, their communities, and the world.
Nardin Academy is located on two campuses in the historic Elmwood Village neighborhood of Buffalo. Students hail from towns and cities from 32 districts all across Western New York and Southern Ontario, Canada. Nardin provides students with the highest standards of excellence in academics, athletics and the arts while upholding a deep commitment to service in the tradition of the DHM. True to Nardin’s values of embracing all, the school supports the well-being of each student and promotes educating the whole child. With world-class facilities, including a new gymnasium, outdoor athletic fields and robust spaces for the arts, students discover their passions and all that Nardin has to offer to reach their true potential.
Inspiring hearts and minds to do amazing things for the world through faith, character, academic excellence and service.
- Embracing All – Recognizing, welcoming and celebrating all.
- Nurturing Talent – Supporting the development of our God-given talents and gifts.
- Fostering Connection – Cultivating connection with each other, our communities and God
- Living & Serving Through Faith – Striving to live and serve our world with dignity, humbleness and compassion.
- Igniting Possibilities– Sparking intellectual curiosity, inspiring imagination and encouraging exploration.
The next President will promote the Catholic identity of the Academy and be committed to its mission and values. With experience in independent schools an ideal candidate will reflect:
- Appreciation for the mission and core values of Nardin Academy;
- Skills as a systems thinker, able to see connection among the various divisions and how they interconnect with one another;
- Experience in engaging multiple constituencies and building trusting relationships inside and outside the school community;
- Proven leadership skills, vision and conviction to keep the school dynamic and evolving, while honoring its longstanding values and history;
- Experience and success in financial management, fundraising, and marketing and a willingness to play a critical role in all;
- Patience to understand the school and work collaboratively with its leadership to create a courageous plan to move forward into a continued strong and sustainable future;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- The understanding and necessity of being visible during the school day and at school events with a genuine desire to engage at every level with the school community;
- An interest in encouraging and developing growth in adults;
- Capacity to listen with an open mind and make decisions based on, when appropriate, input from others and, always, thoughtful reflection;
- Ability to manage change effectively and create buy-in toward a shared vision;
- Ability to act as in true partnership with the Board of Trustees;
- Management skills that are tried and true, ability to delegate and hold others accountable with fairness and clarity;
- Authentic, enthusiastic and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion that resonates with Nardin’s work in this area;
- Solid understanding of best practices in independent Catholic schools and the ability to build systems for effective and efficient operations.
Nardin Academy is accredited by the Middle States Accreditation Board and The American Montessori Society (AMS).
The Information for Candidates (IFC) document, providing an overview of the school and a leadership opportunity statement, is expected to be available and added to this posting in February 2024.
Application Materials Requested
We encourage a preliminary conversation with Joan Beauregard and/or Sally Mixsell (see below) to learn more about this opportunity. Those interested are asked to submit these materials, in the order listed, in a Single Merged Document:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (contact consultants below for this document)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current résumé
- Statement of Educational Leadership
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- EC Disclosure Form (contact consultants below for this document)
Please Address Inquiries to:
Nardin Academy is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Nardin Academy believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an educational institution, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 716-881-6262 x 1050.
Listing Date: December 20, 2023