About Educators Collaborative
Educators Collaborative, founded in 1971, is an independent-school search and consulting firm whose mission is to position schools for success through effective leadership. Our focus is on searches to identify new heads of school and senior administrators, transition services to ensure the success of those new heads and administrators, and strategic consulting. We are an intimate firm of former school leaders who work as a team and in teams to meet the needs of our client schools.
As a collaborative, we support the work of the firm with two Co-managing Partners, an Assistant, a Newsletter Editor and, now, this new position focused on marketing and communications. Though we live across the country and the world, we meet virtually at least once a month and in person twice annually. Much of the firm’s work is conducted in committees that meet more frequently, and, of course, partners working in teams coordinate more often with one another.
About the Position
The Marketing and Communications Manager will direct all marketing and communications efforts of the firm and report to the Co-managing Partners. This is a remote position and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintaining the EC database;
- Leading the creation and execution of a social media strategy and managing all social media activity;
- Gathering and analyzing EC data re: search and consulting work;
- Periodically updating EC shared files and EC document templates;
- Managing the EC website, in collaboration with the Assistant;
- Acting as the liaison to independent school organizations, to ensure appropriate ads or sponsorships and help coordinate EC presence at conferences;
- Providing assistance with any EC email accounts when/if issues arise;
- Participating as a member of the EC Marketing Committee; and
- Performing other related tasks of the firm, at the direction of the Co-managing Partners.
A strong candidate will be:
- Expert in and at ease with multiple online platforms (we currently use Constant Contact, LinkedIn, WordPress, and Elementor);
- A detail-oriented person who has demonstrated exceptional organizational and project management skills;
- Competent in data analysis;
- Proactive in work style and work ethic, and comfortable “taking the lead” in making decisions and/or suggesting changes to capture efficiencies;
- Joyful in doing the work, with a good sense of humor and a collaborative nature working in (virtual) partnership with a small, busy firm;
- A college graduate with a degree in communications or a related field, at least 3 years’ experience in managing a website, working with a database or CRM, and communications-related work;
- Familiar or experienced with independent schools, ideally.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in the position should submit – in one PDF document – the following materials in this order before October 21, 2022.
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (contact Nat or Sally, below, for this document)
- Cover letter addressed to “EC Partners” – This letter should express your specific skills and experience that make you a strong candidate for this position.
- A writing sample, and portfolio or examples of your work in communications/marketing
- A list of three or more references with contact information (including phone number, email address and time zone for each person)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
- EC Disclosure Statement (contact Nat or Sally, below, for this document)
Listing Date: October 14, 2022