About the School
Community Preparatory School is a co-ed independent day school located in Providence, Rhode Island, serving students in grades 4-8.
Community Prep prides itself on challenging students to become confident, independent learners and develop a strong sense of public service through community service and stewardship. They engage parents, students, and teachers in goal setting and planning that ensures academic and social success for each student.
Community Prep’s growth and progress – a constant upward trajectory – reflect its evolving maturity. Today, the school proudly recognizes 930 graduates and a faculty of 15 dedicated educators. Its cherished ‘Beloved Community’ has been thoughtfully nurtured and continues to provide students with academic rigor and exceptional opportunities.
Community Preparatory School serves culturally and economically diverse students who are well qualified to benefit from a rigorous academic education in an atmosphere of mutual respect. By engaging with all facets of its students—intellectual curiosity, joyful learning, awareness of their own strengths, the rewards and satisfaction of determination, and a deep connection to the community and the larger world—the school prepares its students to thrive in the most competitive high schools and to become community leaders.
About the Position
The next leader of Community Preparatory School should:
- Be passionate about the mission and culture of the school, respecting its unique strengths and building upon them
- Understand the demographics of the students the school serves and be committed to the principles of equity, inclusion, social justice and belonging
- Engage actively in the day-to-day life of the school and be visible and accessible to students, faculty and staff
- Be forward thinking about what will best prepare students for high school and beyond
- Be a tone setter, culturally fluent, empathic and emotionally generous
- Have a distributive management style that fosters collaboration
Click here to view the Leadership Opportunity Statement.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in the position should submit the following materials by March 10th:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (contact Deirdre Ling for this document)
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee
- Statement of educational leadership philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)