Christ Church Episcopal Preschool (CCEP) educates young children, creates community among families, school and church, and honors and nurtures children in the Episcopal tradition.
Christ Church Episcopal Preschool is a ministry of Christ Church Christiana Hundred serving children eighteen months through pre-kindergarten. Through a developmentally appropriate play-based and literacy-rich curriculum, we seek to promote a child’s full potential – emotionally, academically, physically and spiritually.
- Children: We strive for excellent teaching to meet children’s needs.
- Diversity: We welcome all children at CCEP regardless of race, religion, social or ethnic background.
- Teachers: We create an environment that promotes mutual respect, trust, and development of the professional staff.
Teamwork: We collaborate to achieve optimal goals for children and staff.
- Renewal: We continually seek to improve all aspects of CCEP.
- Management: We manage ourselves with integrity and respect for one another.
- Communications: We engage in two-way communications that are honest, clear and timely.
Ethical Behavior: We uphold ethical and moral behavior in all aspects of CCEP.
A Thriving Independent Preschool on an Idyllic Campus in Wilmington, Delaware
CCEP makes full use of its 22-acre wooded campus, which backs on to 235 preserved acres of the Hagley Museum. The school is set apart from the bustling center of Wilmington, and outdoor play is an integral part of the CCEP program. The campus includes a garden, nature trail and an award-winning outdoor classroom. The school is justifiably proud of its setting, noting that “This place is made just for them. It honors their stage in life.”
CCEP embraces play-based learning – both guided and unstructured. Kindness, inclusivity, and service are values that are integral to the school experience and its Episcopal identity. As a stand-alone preschool, its oldest students have the opportunity to learn about, and experience, leadership. CCEP is fully enrolled and after graduation its students go on to attend the top independent, parochial, and public schools in Wilmington.
An Outstanding Leadership Opportunity
The CCEP Board of Trustees seeks a leader who enthusiastically embraces and champions the school’s mission of providing a creative, outdoor oriented, play-based learning program, while instilling a commitment to its Episcopal values. The successful candidate will bring a professional approach distinguished by enthusiasm, kindness, compassion, and joy. With experience in an independent preschool setting, ideal leaders will reflect:
- A commitment to the mission of CCEP and a community that deeply values inclusivity, exploration, discovery, and social interaction
- An appreciation of the unique relationship between a parish school and the church and the importance of stewarding this meaningful partnership
- Excellent communication skills and a warm, approachable demeanor
The ability to build relationships quickly in both the internal and external communities
- The capacity to provide thoughtful leadership in developing the strategic vision of CCEP that generates excitement and shared investment in the school’s future
How to Apply
Please reach out with any questions or to learn more about this opportunity. Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials by January 15, 2024.
- EC Summary Sheet and Disclosure Statement (Contact George Sanderson for these documents)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current Resume
- Statement of Educational Leadership Philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (name, relationship to candidate, phone and email addresses)
Application materials should be sent electronically via email to: