Interim Head of School
Start Date: July 1, 2023 (June 15 if available)
Co-ed, Day School, Grades K – 8
240 West Colorado Blvd., Arcadia, CA
About the School
Founded in 1959 as an outreach ministry of the Santa Anita Church, Barnhart School has stayed true to its purpose: to provide an exceptional educational program in an atmosphere of respect and love, while encouraging students to develop independence and responsibility. Barnhart is a place where children and their families matter. A strong partnership between school and families ensures students thrive – academically and social-emotionally. Barnhart graduates carry with them a spirit of caring and compassion for others that is rooted in the program and community.
Barnhart’s curriculum is designed to actively engage students in learning and to prepare them for top high schools, college and beyond. Providing challenging academics in the core areas of math, science, literacy, writing, and social studies, a rich fine arts curriculum, a robust STEM curriculum as well as Spanish across all grades and PE daily, Barnhart offers a student-centered, holistic learning experience.
We grow difference-makers.
Barnhart provides a stimulating environment where students embody the values of integrity, inclusiveness, and perseverance graduate academically equipped to forge their own paths through high school and beyond.
About the Position
Barnhart seeks an Interim Head of School for 2023-24 while the school conducts a search for the permanent leader who will begin in July 2024. With demonstrated leadership in K-8 or K-12 settings, the Interim Head will bring an appreciation for the educational mission and culture of Barnhart School. Ideal candidates will reflect:
- A commitment to a holistic approach to education that encompasses academic challenge, creative and artistic expression, and a strong emphasis on moral and ethical standards
- A strong understanding of strategic issues in independent schools including school finance and enrollment management
- A personal commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and the capacity to nurture cultural competency throughout the community
- Demonstrated capacity to manage change and support the administrative leadership team during this period of transition
- Excellent communication skills and a warm, approachable demeanor
- Ability to build relationships quickly in both the internal and external communities
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials by April 10:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet and Disclosure Form (contact Tracy Bennett for the documents)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current Resume
- Statement of Educational Leadership Philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (name, relationship to candidate, phone and email address)
Application materials are to be sent electronically via email to:
Tracy Bennett, Partner, Educators Collaborative, LLC
Listing Date: March 13, 2023