Chief Development Officer
Start Date: ASAP
Coed Day School PK-3 – Grade 3
Adam J. Lewis Academy
Educators Collaborative is pleased to assist the Adam J. Lewis Academy (AJLA) in its search for a Chief Development Officer, to begin as soon as reasonably possible. AJLA currently houses 140 students in grades PK-3 through Grade 3, adding a grade each year until it reaches the goal of 400 students through Grade 8.
About the School
- We completely renovated and moved to a 30,000 square foot building in the heart of Bridgeport CT.
- We have recently purchased an adjacent building giving us total square footage of 60,000 on approximately 2 acres of property.
- As of September 2022, we will have PreK 3 and 4, through 4th Grade with approximately 155 students. We are adding one grade per year until we reach PreK – 8th Grade serving 400 children and their families.
- As we grow, we continue to focus on social-emotional and character development, rigorous academics, nutrition for all, music instruction, and numerous after school activities, as well as programs and opportunities to benefit the entire family.
About the School & Position
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and grow our existing portfolio of individual and institutional funders, many of whom are giving at the five and six-figure levels per year, over multiple years.
- Cultivate new funding from individuals, foundations, and corporations through aggressive outreach via relationship building, grant writing etc.
- Design tactics and long-term engagement strategy to deepen donor commitment, increase giving, broaden the donor base, and manage stewardship of AJLA’s philanthropy.
- Prepare and implement a strategic fundraising plan and develop annual development budget and revenue projections.
- Institute systems to create efficiencies, provide structure and integrate the growing importance of development throughout the school.
Qualification, Skill, and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in fundraising, some management experience preferred.
- Proven history of raising funds from diverse sources, including major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Extensive knowledge of foundations, philanthropies, corporations that share the same philosophy as AJLA.
- Experience in donor cultivation and solicitation, grant writing, contracts management, and database management
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes and a results-oriented culture.
- Superior analytical and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge, or similar database.
- Familiarity with donor tracking systems.
- Understanding of the challenges facing underserved communities.
- Very strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Salary range – Commensurate with independent school salaries for like positions
- Incentive Bonus
How to Apply
Educators Collaborative (EC) is assisting in this search. To learn more about
this opportunity and receive a copy of the EC Candidate Summary and
Disclosure Form, which are needed to complete an application, please contact:
Sally Mixsell at email@example.com
– Cover letter addressed to the AJLA Search Committee
– EC Candidate Summary Sheet (see above)
– 3-5 refences, including phone and email contact and brief
explanation of connection to the candidate
– A completed EC Disclosure Form (see above)
Application materials and inquiries may be submitted to:
Sally Mixsell, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: 203-824-3653
Listing Date: May 31, 2022