About the Position
Tessellations School seeks an experienced K-8 school leader who will oversee all aspects of the educational
Particular strengths are needed in the following areas:
- The ability to adapt to rapid growth and develop reporting structures that are clear for all personnel.
- Demonstrated success and expertise as an educator with a pedagogical understanding of best practices in the education of gifted students, curriculum development, student assessments and outcomes, and faculty evaluation and support.
- An educator who can understand the professional development protocols that must be in place to
ensure that all faculty are able to optimize the educational experience for all students.
- A track record of bringing faculty and staff together around shared goals resulting in a collaborative
- A deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion that supports a culture of belonging for all
students, faculty, staff, parents, and community members.
- Experience in recruiting and retaining mission-aligned faculty.
- A commitment to servant leadership that includes delegating responsibility, empowering and
inspiring others, working in partnership, and ensuring accountability.
- The ability to communicate the school’s mission and protocols to parents and prospective families.
How to Apply
It is anticipated that the position will be filled no later than May 1, 2023.
Inquiries and applications should be directed to Mary Seppala or Douglas Jennings.
Submit the following in a single PDF document:
- EC Candidate Summary
- Letter of interest to the Tessellations School Search Committee
- Current resume
- Statement of leadership philosophy
- List of five references with e-mail addresses and telephone contact information