About the School
The Peck School, an independent, co-educational day school with grades kindergarten through eighth grade of approximately 330 students is seeking a Director of Community Connections and Belonging for the school year 2023-2024.
As character development is central to the work of The Peck School and where learning for life is the motto, this position will be a driving force behind the formal and informal curriculum that will help shape the Peck community and beyond.
About the Position
While this is an inaugural position, the work of DEIB has been a steadfast endeavor for decades through the core principle, Consideration of Others: “We value kindness, integrity, and empathy in our relationships and our individual actions. The appreciation of the dignity and gifts in both ourselves and in others is essential to learning and to a culture of belonging.”
Key to this position will be the ability to lead effectively in the following areas:
- Administrative Leadership
- This Director of Community Connections and Belonging will sit on the Administrative Team and report directly to the Head of School
- Will be a member of the Academic Heads group
- This leader will be the lead strategist for the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) Faculty/Staff Steering Committee
- Oversee the DEIB Steering Committee as well as the implementation of DEIB efforts
- There will be direct coordination of/with the Teaching/Learning Committee
- Governance interface
- Collaboration with and leadership of the Board Diversity Committee
- Character Education
- Key to the role will be the ability to liaise with Faculty/Staff on developmental approaches to character development and identity/self understanding
Barring the need to expedite the search process, this position will begin July 1 of 2023.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest and request a Candidate Summary Sheet and a full position description. From there, you’ll be asked to submit:
- Cover Letter articulating your professional and personal alignment with the tenets of The Peck School
- Current Resume
- Three References